Tuesday, November 11, 2008

my jeans, like my friends

(off the cuff)EDITS.

my jeans have tears
rips
imperfections
but they are beautiful
comfortable
know me better than any other clothing i wear
i take them everywhere
just like my friends
they appear to be past their time sometimes
and yet
i can't bring my self to leave them behind
so i just keep stitching and patching
but needles hurt
and my aim is crooked
so all im doing is hurting
everyone
i wish i were better at creating than destroying things

you see you can't mend jeans while you are wearing them
i've tried
you cann't mend tears in friendships while you are still stuck loving them
and i can't leave either behind without feeling naked, alone and empty
so im stuck in this limbo
wearing my pain on my legs and sleeves
everyone can see im broken and breaking the things aroudnd me
i'm sorry

i'm sorry for the things i've done to break and tear you
for not being careful when running with sharp object and cutting corners
i always find some way to unintentionally snag you on the table and then i just continue to tearing trend....
im sorry i dont know how to live in one piece
i'm sorry
i'm sorry
trust me
i'd fix you if i could
but i still think you are beautiful and even more comfortable with the imperfections
if only we could all learn to live with them....

i'm sorry guys. i love you.

1 comment:

sommerset said...

idk who this is written for but its good. you're not hurting anyone, we're hurting you. we are the ones that are tearing you. you are amazing. you are the stable one in the group, the one who will love despite everything.

i'm sorry that we're having drama but i love you. and i don't mean for this to hurt you but we shouldn't be worrying about this. not at all.

love you!

vrsubra: i've decided to end every entry with the word verification and decided to give them a meaning.

vrsubra: (noun) a person who wears a large hat and does evil.
synonym: witch